Simple Broccoli Salad
Because broccoli salad won't wilt like lettuce salads, you can make it ahead for added convenience. To enhance the salad, I will sometimes add walnuts, green grapes, mushrooms and a touch of onion. You can also mix in cauliflower florets with the broccoli, then squeeze on a hint of lemon juice.Nova MacIsaac, Souris, Prince Edward Island
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a bowl, combine broccoli, bacon and red pepper. In another bowl,
- stir the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar until smooth. Pour over
- broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 261 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.