Simple Black Bean Soup Recipe
Frin Spring Hill, Tennessee, Cynthia Lepoutre relates, "I serve this simple soup with homemade bread and a green salad, and the compliments just keep pouring out of my husband."
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of broth over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in the oregano, thyme, cumin and cayenne; cook for 1 minute. In a blender or food processor, cover and process half of the beans for 30 seconds; add to saucepan with the remaining beans and broth. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC