- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of broth over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in the oregano, thyme, cumin and cayenne; cook for 1 minute. In a blender or food processor, cover and process half of the beans for 30 seconds; add to saucepan with the remaining beans and broth. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Simple Black Bean Soup
Sort By :
"Nice recipe. I am the only one in my family who likes black bean soup, so I made it on a night my husband was gone and fed the kids something else. I didn't use the blender, just simmered on the stove. Added crushed red papper flakes. Added a little light sour cream, salsa, and mozzarella cheese as a garnish. Great meal for me with some leftovers."
"So good!! I added spinach in for the last few minutes which was a great addition! Very fast too."