Simple Beef Stroganoff
This speedy recipe is so easy you will be excited to serve it to your family.Jo Ann Knicely, Midland, Ontario
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups leftover cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (10 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Saute beef, garlic and
- onion. When onion is tender, reduce heat to low; stir in flour, salt
- and paprika. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, soup and water.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Fold in sour cream; heat through but do not boil.
- Serve immediately over noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 291 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 964 mg sodium,