Simple Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups leftover cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (10 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Saute beef, garlic and onion. When onion is tender, reduce heat to low; stir in flour, salt and paprika. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, soup and water. Simmer 10 minutes. Fold in sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Serve immediately over noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 291 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Simple Beef Stroganoff
"I used cream of mushroom soup, fresh mushrooms plus 1/2 cup milk. It was delicious!!"
"This is an excelent recipe. I have made it for our church suppers many times, always with great reviews. I have also used this recipe and used frozen meatballs instead of the beef. Very tasty! I recommend this to anyone who enjoys stroganoff."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.