- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups leftover cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (10 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Saute beef, garlic and onion. When onion is tender, reduce heat to low; stir in flour, salt and paprika. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, soup and water. Simmer 10 minutes. Fold in sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Serve immediately over noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Beef Stroganoff
Sort By :
"I used cream of mushroom soup, fresh mushrooms plus 1/2 cup milk. It was delicious!!"
"This is an excelent recipe. I have made it for our church suppers many times, always with great reviews. I have also used this recipe and used frozen meatballs instead of the beef. Very tasty! I recommend this to anyone who enjoys stroganoff."