This speedy recipe is so easy you will be excited to serve it to your family.—Jo Ann Knicely, Midland, Ontario
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups leftover cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (10 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Saute beef, garlic and onion. When onion is tender, reduce heat to low; stir in flour, salt and paprika. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, soup and water. Simmer 10 minutes. Fold in sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Serve immediately over noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Speedy Stroganoff in Country Woman May/June 1992, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Beef Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review