Simple Bananas Foster
For an elegant ending to a meal, I prepare this dessert. It is fast and easy to prepare.—Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/8 teaspoon butter flavoring or McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- vanilla ice cream or low-fat frozen yogurt
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and pie spice. Stir in
- the apple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- extracts and flavorings. Add bananas and heat through over medium
- heat. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 79 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.