I was surprised when my sister-in-law told me she used just three simple ingredients to bake this tender, flavorful chicken. The pretty, crispy coating seals in the juices to keep the chicken moist and delicious. —Susan Adair, Somerset, Kentucky
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add salad dressing. Seal or cover and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- Coat chicken with cornflakes; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Baked Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Simple Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review