Simple Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add salad dressing. Seal or cover and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- Coat chicken with cornflakes; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Simple Baked Chicken
Sort By :
Used boneless/skinless chicken breasts for this, baked for about 45 minutes. Didn't have enough Italian dressing, so I added some Ceasar and a little French to use up the bottles. These were really liked by husband and two boys! Served with pasta salad and jello.
Love the taste and simplicity!
This is our new chicken recipe, I agree it is very good. I too used prepackaged chicken coating.
I made this easy baked chicken today, with a couple of changes. I used skinless boneless chicken breasts, and prepackaged chicken coating. I added some minced onion and seasonings to the marinade. And, I marinated the chicken overnight.
My husband has been raving about the great taste. I can't believe how much he like it. And it is so easy to make.
My husbnd and I just love chicken prepared this way. While in hospital having had surgery,I was surprised to learn my husband made this for himself - I was so proud of him, that now whenever we want it, which is often, he makes it!