Simple Avocado & Tomato Salad Recipe
For a speedy side, Jennifer serves an avocado salad. “My mother came up with this when she had too many ripe avocados and tomatoes on hand.” —Jennifer Reid, Farmington, Maine
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over avocado mixture; toss gently to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 197 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC