For a speedy side, Jennifer serves an avocado salad. “My mother came up with this when she had too many ripe avocados and tomatoes on hand.” —Jennifer Reid, Farmington, Maine
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over avocado mixture; toss gently to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Avocado-Tomato Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p23
Reviews for Simple Avocado & Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review