Simple Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Simple Au Gratin Potatoes
Sort By :
"Enjoyed this recipe. I added bacon and a couple different cheeses. My family loved it."
"Loved this recipe! I added diced up garlic also and seasoned with my own lite kick. I also used multiple cheeses. This was my first time making it. It is a keeper!"
"Excellent! Cut the recipe in half and didn't bake it as long, and it came out terrific! Will definitely make this again."
"this recipe was very easy and looks good. I only changed one thing and that was just using half the salt which happens to be way too much also. you should add salt last, the cheese can have lots of salt and the butter too. It is ruined and will go in the trash and I hate wasting food. sad sad"
"Excellent flavor and easy to make. Next time I will diced garlic and jalapeno for added flavor and some Texas kick. Rick"