Simple Apple Dumplings Recipe
An old-fashioned apple dish gets an updated treatment with convenient crescent rolls. "These delicious dumplings are a time-saving treat for dessert or brunch," notes Jean Killen of Loretto, Tennessee.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Roll up one apple wedge in each triangle; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring sugar, orange juice and butter to a boil. Pour over dumplings (dumplings will float to the top). Sprinkle with apple pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 338 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC