An old-fashioned apple dish gets an updated treatment with convenient crescent rolls. "These delicious dumplings are a time-saving treat for dessert or brunch," notes Jean Killen of Loretto, Tennessee.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Roll up one apple wedge in each triangle; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, orange juice and butter to a boil. Pour over dumplings (dumplings will float to the top). Sprinkle with apple pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Simple Apple Dumplings in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p19
Reviews for Simple Apple Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review