- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Roll up one apple wedge in each triangle; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, orange juice and butter to a boil. Pour over dumplings (dumplings will float to the top). Sprinkle with apple pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Simple Apple Dumplings
Sort By :
Nice and easy..good to go.
I make this recipe over and over again. My kids have always loved it and request it often. I will say, this recipe makes a large amount of syrup. You can easily double the recipe, the dumpling part, and have enough syrup for it.
I made these apple dumplings today, and have to say they are very good, and easy to make too.