Simon's Famous Tuna Salad
This nicely seasoned tuna salad from Simon Seitz of Highland, New York makes for a simple and satisfying lunch. Crunchy carrots give it a unique and tasty twist you'll love.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 10 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 5 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For each
- sandwich, layer a slice of toast with a lettuce leaf and 1/2 cup
- tuna salad. Top with a second slice of toast. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 271 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 852 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now