Simon's Famous Tuna Salad Recipe
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 10 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 5 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For each sandwich, layer a slice of toast with a lettuce leaf and 1/2 cup tuna salad. Top with a second slice of toast. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simon's Famous Tuna Salad(11)
Sort By :
I thought this was very good. I got six sandwiches out of it though; making 5 was too much tuna for my taste. Very simple to make and carries well for lunch. Will most likely make again.
Hands down, a family favorite. The colorful addition of carrots also gives the sandwich a nice crunch. This is exactly what all those other tuna sandwiches are missing.
A tuna specialty! I go generous on all my seasonings (onion, garlic, dill). For extra texture & flavor, try diced water chesnuts, scallions and/or tangy dill relish to taste!
Good tuna salad but a little bland - I would increase the dill especially, although I usually use more tuna than recipes call for which could be the explanation. However, I don't see how you can get 5 sandwiches as full as in the picture out of only 3 (6 oz) cans of tuna after they're drained.
I found this recipe to be good, but not outstanding. I would include diced apple to the mix!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >