This nicely seasoned tuna salad from Simon Seitz of Highland, New York makes for a simple and satisfying lunch. Crunchy carrots give it a unique and tasty twist you'll love.
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 10 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 5 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For each sandwich, layer a slice of toast with a lettuce leaf and 1/2 cup tuna salad. Top with a second slice of toast. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Simon's Famous Tuna Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p44
Reviews for Simon's Famous Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review