Simmered Smoked Links
A tasty sweet-sour sauce glazes bite-size sausages in this recipe shared by Maxine Cenker of Weirton, West Virginia. "Serve these effortless appetizers with toothpicks at parties or holiday get-togethers," she suggests.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- Place sausages in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar,
- ketchup and horseradish; pour over sausages. Cover and cook on low
- for 4 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 ounces equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.