Simmered Sirloin with Noodles
We always have noodles in the pantry and wanted something simple to serve over them for a fuss-free meal. This creation, perfected over the years, is now a family favorite.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups hot cooked yolk-free noodles
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions, mushrooms and
- garlic in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the meat
- is no longer pink. Add the consomme, Worcestershire sauce and basil;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over
- noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup meat mixture with 1 cup noodles) equals 451 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,