I received this recipe from my brother-in-law, and it's so delicious. I frequently prepare it for parties, and people always ask for the recipe.Diann Dinkel, Chandler, Arizona
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese, julienned
- 3/4 pound cheddar cheese, julienned
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, grapes and cheeses. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, brown sugar and
- mustard; shake well.
- Add bacon and onions to the dressing; pour over salad and toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 15 servings
- (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 452 calories, 37 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.