Silverglade Salad Recipe
I received this recipe from my brother-in-law, and it's so delicious. I frequently prepare it for parties, and people always ask for the recipe.—Diann Dinkel, Chandler, Arizona
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese, julienned
- 3/4 pound cheddar cheese, julienned
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, grapes and cheeses. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard; shake well.
- 2. Add bacon and onions to the dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 15 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup: 452 calories, 37g fat (12g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Silverglade Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC