- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese, julienned
- 3/4 pound cheddar cheese, julienned
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, grapes and cheeses. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard; shake well.
- Add bacon and onions to the dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 15 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Silverglade Salad in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Silverglade Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review