Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup or topping of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, applesauce and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
5 pancakes (calculated without syrup) equals 211 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.