Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes
“I combined two of my grandson Joshua's favorite foods-applesauce and oatmeal-into these wholesome little pancakes. He likes the smaller serving size,” writes Margaret Wilson from Hemet, California.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup or topping of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat
- the egg, buttermilk, applesauce and butter; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle coated with
- cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side
- is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 pancakes (calculated without syrup) equals 211 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium,