“I combined two of my grandson Joshua's favorite foods-applesauce and oatmeal-into these wholesome little pancakes. He likes the smaller serving size,” writes Margaret Wilson from Hemet, California.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup or topping of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, applesauce and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p26
Reviews for Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review