Silky Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Using a fork, stir in oil and butter until dough is crumbly. Gradually add enough water until dough will hold together. Roll out between plastic wrap to an 11-in. circle. Freeze for 10 minutes. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap from pastry; invert onto a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of pie plate; flute edges. Chill. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, lemon juice, peel and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 10-15 minutes. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in lemon mixture. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 356 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Silky Lemon Pie
"Simply creamy custard and just the right tartness .....i bought a store bought pie crust...went over well.Very Flaky crust with a silky custard lemon filling. Refreshing and a great pie for n ending of a rich heavy meal. Truly a keeper recipe for lemon pie lovers!! Ty"
"I used a premade rolled dough which made it much quicker. I thought it had great flavor, silky to the taste. If you don't like lemon this is not for you....but I loved it."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.