- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Using a fork, stir in oil and butter until dough is crumbly. Gradually add enough water until dough will hold together. Roll out between plastic wrap to an 11-in. circle. Freeze for 10 minutes. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap from pastry; invert onto a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of pie plate; flute edges. Chill. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, lemon juice, peel and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 10-15 minutes. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in lemon mixture. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Silky Lemon Pie
Sort By :
"Simply creamy custard and just the right tartness .....i bought a store bought pie crust...went over well.Very Flaky crust with a silky custard lemon filling. Refreshing and a great pie for n ending of a rich heavy meal. Truly a keeper recipe for lemon pie lovers!! Ty"
"I used a premade rolled dough which made it much quicker. I thought it had great flavor, silky to the taste. If you don't like lemon this is not for you....but I loved it."