80 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Cook
- and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and
- opaque. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat
- in cornstarch mixture. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat
- until frosting is light and fluffy. Yield: 5 cups.
Almond Frosting: Decrease vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon; add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Proceed as directed.
Chocolate Frosting: Decrease confectioners’ sugar to 3-1/4 cups; add 1/4 cup baking cocoa. Sift ingredients together before adding to butter mixture. Proceed as directed.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 61 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a