Silk Purse Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices process American cheese, cut into pieces
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese until melted. Stir in the potatoes and onion.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 243 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Silk Purse Potatoes
"We love these! I made them several years ago for the first time and my daughter in law begged me to make them several times since!"