Sidesaddle Pork 'n' Beans Recipe
Janet Doherty’s sweet Sidesaddle Pork ‘n’ Beans makes a hearty, lickety-split side dish and brings real barbecue flavor to the table any time of year. “My family loves this recipe and always requests it for special get-togethers or holidays,” adds the Belpre, Ohio cook.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, honey, ketchup and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Sidesaddle Pork 'n' Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC