Janet Doherty’s sweet Sidesaddle Pork ‘n’ Beans makes a hearty, lickety-split side dish and brings real barbecue flavor to the table any time of year. “My family loves this recipe and always requests it for special get-togethers or holidays,” adds the Belpre, Ohio cook.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, honey, ketchup and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sidesaddle Pork 'n' Beans in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p21
Reviews for Sidesaddle Pork 'n' Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review