Sicilian Salad Recipe
Cheese cubes give substance to this beautiful, mild and fresh pasta salad. It makes a great side in any season. —Ben Haen, Baldwin, Wisconsin
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, onion, olives and parsley. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 229 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Sicilian Salad
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2009
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC