Sicilian Salad Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, onion, olives and parsley. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 229 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Sicilian Salad
"This is a quick pasta salad that does not require a dressing of some sort. A change of pace for sure. Will make it again for sure."
"Wonderful, quick pasta salad. I keep most of the ingredients on hand so that made it a cinch. I have had more flavorful pasta salads but this was nice, light, and not overpowering. Will definitely make again."
"This pasta salad is mild and delicious! It is a nice departure from other pasta salads that have a heavy Italian dressing flavor. It goes well with a sandwich, or burger. I have served it with bbq pulled pork sandwiches and the mildness of this recipe did not compete with the flavor of the pork."