Sicilian Orange Salad Recipe
Red onion and orange slices sprinkled with basil, oil and ground pepper make a pretty presentation that's bound to brighten any meal. "This zesty salad is even more colorful when you use dark-red blood oranges," writes Beverly Coyde of Gasport, New York.
- 6 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. On a serving platter, alternately arrange orange and onion slices, with the slices slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 133 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sicilian Orange Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC