Sicilian Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 miniature croissants, split
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 4 scoops pistachio gelato
- 12 maraschino cherries, divided
- 1/3 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a microwave, melt shortening and 1/3 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. Toast croissants. Spread cut sides of croissants with Nutella. Place a scoop of gelato on croissant bottoms. Slice eight cherries; arrange over gelato. Replace croissant tops.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, combine pistachios and remaining chocolate chips. Press into sides of sandwiches. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Top each with a cherry. Place on a baking sheet; freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
1 ice cream sandwich: 695 calories, 42g fat (18g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Sicilian Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.