- orange peel and cinnamon; cover and process until blended. Set
- Separate dough into six portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll
- each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle (dough will be very
- thin). Cut into 4-in. x 2-in. rectangles. Place a teaspoon of fig
- mixture on one short side of each rectangle; fold dough over
- filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg and
- sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pastry equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.