I love to make this dish because the flavors jumping around in your mouth keep you coming back bite after bite. Other nuts can be used in place of the pine nuts.—Marsha Gillett, Yukon, Oklahoma
- 12 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat until browned. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon.
- Add Brussels sprouts to pan; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from the heat. Stir in the capers, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until caramelized, stirring occasionally. Add the raisins, pine nuts, lemon peel and pancetta; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sicilian Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p30
Reviews for Sicilian Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review