Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
Sort By :
Fantastic! We'll be making this again.
We had no basil leaves, so it was omitted this time - still turned out great!
Excellent recipe. However, I struggle with the crumbled blue cheese. I'm not sure it's entirely necessary.
This is how I impress my mother in law. Barbecue sauce that I use is famous daves rich and sassy and devils spit. I replace the goat cheese with fetta cheese. Cook time seems a little longer. You will want more than 20. Enjoy!