Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
If you're looking for something a little different to serve guests, you can't go wrong with these elegant shrimp bites, pleasantly seasoned with bacon, basil, goat cheese and barbecue sauce. —Eileen Stefanski, Wales, Wisconsin
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 2. Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- 3. Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC