Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 2. Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- 3. Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, trace carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
"Fantastic! We'll be making this again.We had no basil leaves, so it was omitted this time - still turned out great!"
"Excellent recipe. However, I struggle with the crumbled blue cheese. I'm not sure it's entirely necessary."
"This is how I impress my mother in law. Barbecue sauce that I use is famous daves rich and sassy and devils spit. I replace the goat cheese with fetta cheese. Cook time seems a little longer. You will want more than 20. Enjoy!"
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.