Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
If you're looking for something a little different to serve guests, you can't go wrong with these elegant shrimp bites, pleasantly seasoned with bacon, basil, goat cheese and barbecue sauce. —Eileen Stefanski, Wales, Wisconsin
20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf
- around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with
- wooden toothpicks.
- Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes
- longer or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.