Any recipe that is special enough for company, but easy enough for a weeknight meal is a favorite in my book. All you need to finish off the meal is a side salad and crusty French bread to sop up the delicious tomato and wine juices. —Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cheese; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in mint. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp with Tomatoes & Feta in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p32
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp with Tomatoes & Feta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review