Shrimp with Tomatoes & Feta Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cheese; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in mint. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp with Tomatoes & Feta
Sort By :
"Nice and light served over rice. Will also try over pasta."
"Because you can always trust Taste of Home recipes, I made this dinner for freinds without having made it before. Very good...everyone enjoyed it. I made as instructed; however, I live in Michigan so shrimp are expensive but as a special dish...this works!"
"I made this for my daughter's family after she had surgery, and they all raved thinking I had spent hours over a hot stove. We all love shrimp (living in Tampa it is plentiful) so I will make it again. No mint and I didn't add a substitute. And I added just a bit more wine. Terrific."
"Great recipe! I made a couple of changes. I used white wine and chicken stock because I wanted more sauce. I reduced it down before adding the shrimp and the feta. I added 1 TBSP. of butter and a splash of cream at the very end. I garnished with lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. I did not have any mint so I substituted fresh cilantro and it was yummy!"