Shrimp with Snow Peas Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 medium sweet yellow or red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, bouillon, dill, salt, lemon peel and pepper. Stir in water and lemon juice until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the shrimp, mushrooms, celery, yellow pepper and onions in oil for 5 minutes. Add the peas; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Stir bouillon mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-3/4 cups stir-fry mixture with 1/2 cup rice) equals 322 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.