Shrimp with Orange Pineapple Sauce
“This is a very light appetizer that’s easy to make. I’ve been asked for the recipe many times. In fact, my husband even likes it as a main dish!” Radelle Knappenberger - Oviedo, Florida
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Chill until
- serving. Serve with shrimp.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen (2/3 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 shrimp with 1 teaspoon sauce equals 29 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.