Shrimp with Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the wine or apple juice, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 193 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Shrimp with Mustard Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.