Shrimp with Mustard Sauce
From St. Charles, Illinois, Donna Richardson sends this fast stovetop dinner for two. Seasoned with white wine, Dijon mustard and garlic, the shrimp make weeknight dinners seem special.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the wine or apple juice, mustard and pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shrimp; cook and stir until
- shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato; heat through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 193 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.