Shrimp with Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the wine or apple juice, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 193 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Shrimp with Mustard Sauce
"This one is a "keeper". Super easy to put together and just right for two servings. The only thing I would change would be to double the amount of sauce. I served it with rice, and both my husband and I thought a bit more sauce would have been nice."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.