From St. Charles, Illinois, Donna Richardson sends this fast stovetop dinner for two. Seasoned with white wine, Dijon mustard and garlic, the shrimp make weeknight dinners seem special.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the wine or apple juice, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp with Mustard Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp with Mustard Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review