Shrimp with Mushrooms Recipe
These fancy stuffed shrimp not only will be a hit as an appetizer, but they’re also a tasty main course with rice or pasta.—Karolee Plock of Burwell, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 uncooked shell-on jumbo shrimp (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Butterfly each shrimp along the outside curve. Open shrimp flat and place with tails up in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in hot water. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1 teaspoon onto each shrimp. Bake at 375° for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve warm. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
1 shrimp equals 32 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC