Shrimp with Ginger-Chili Sauce Recipe
Sweet and peppery ginger complements spicy chili sauce in this cook-friendly shrimp stir-fry. It’s ideal for nights when a quick, wholesome dinner is in order. —Carole Resnick, Cleveland, OH
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped, divided
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. In a large bowl, combine shrimp and cornstarch. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar and chili sauce; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry garlic and ginger in oil for 30 seconds. Add shrimp; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir half of the onions into the orange juice mixture; add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp with Ginger-Chili Sauce in Country Woman August/September 2009, p41
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp with Ginger-Chili Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2010
Our whole family loved this! We did add some stir fry vegetables to add to the nutrition. Great flavor, great sauce!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >