Shrimp with Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the first five ingredients for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add Shrimp and onions; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with shrimp. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2 ounces cooked shrimp with 1 tablespoon sauce) equals 97 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Shrimp with Dipping Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.