Our Test Kitchen crew let their imaginations go overboard to dream up this light and spicy shrimp part starter. The well-seasoned shrimp are delicious on their own...or coated with the dipping sauce that stars garlic sesame oil.
Recommended: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the first five ingredients for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add Shrimp and onions; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with shrimp. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp with Dipping Sauce in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp with Dipping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review