Shrimp with Creole Sauce Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib with leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 36 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in oil for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice; add juice to skillet. Mash tomatoes and add to skillet. Stir in the parsley, water, tomato paste, lime juice and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm with shrimp. Yield: 12 servings.
3 shrimp with 1/3 cup sauce equals 56 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Shrimp with Creole Sauce
"Too bad the rating only goes to 5 star, I would give this recipe 10 stars. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you. This recipe comes together fairly quick and it is absolutely fabulous!!!"
"Sounds Great. Going to make some for New Year's Eve. I'll let you know how it was."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.