Shrimp with Basil-Mango Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium ripe mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Basil sprigs, optional
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the mango, basil and lemon juice; cover and process until blended. Pour onto two serving plates; set aside.
- 2. Skewer two shrimp each onto six 4- to 6-in. metal or soaked wooden skewers, forming a heart shape. Cook in a large skillet in butter over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Place over mango sauce. Garnish with basil springs if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp with Basil-Mango Sauce
"Great recipe! So cute too!"
"I served this at my Valentine dinner party, and everyone raved about it. It is not only beautiful on the plate for presentation, but amazingly delicious!! HIGHLY recommend!"
"This sauce sounds like it would make a great marinade prior to grilling the shrimp. Has anyone tried it that way?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.