Shrimp with Basil-Mango Sauce
Instead of serving cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, prepare this simple basil sauce and top it with tender cooked shrimp. It's a fun and fancy appetizer.
—Ken Hulme, Prescott, Arizona
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium ripe mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Basil sprigs, optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mango, basil and lemon
- juice; cover and process until blended. Pour onto two serving
- plates; set aside.
- Skewer two shrimp each onto six 4- to 6-in. metal or soaked wooden
- skewers, forming a heart shape. Cook in a large skillet in butter
- over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink,
- turning once. Place over mango sauce. Garnish with basil springs if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.