Instead of serving cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, prepare this simple basil sauce and top it with tender cooked shrimp. It's a fun and fancy appetizer. —Ken Hulme, Prescott, Arizona
- 1 medium ripe mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Basil sprigs, optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mango, basil and lemon juice; cover and process until blended. Pour onto two serving plates; set aside.
- Skewer two shrimp each onto six 4- to 6-in. metal or soaked wooden skewers, forming a heart shape. Cook in a large skillet in butter over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Place over mango sauce. Garnish with basil springs if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp with Basil-Mango Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p186
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp with Basil-Mango Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review