Shrimp Wiggle Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt to taste
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chow mein noodles
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add tomatoes and salt, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and peas; cook until shrimp turn pink. Serve with chow mein noodles; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 252 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Wiggle
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.