Since canned shrimp was very expensive when I was growing up, this special dish always seemed like a real treat. It's still a treat today because it's delicious. Shrimp Wiggle is so satisfying, it's one-dish dinner!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt to taste
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chow mein noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in
- flour until blended. Gradually add milk; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add tomatoes and
- salt, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and peas; cook until shrimp
- turn pink. Serve with chow mein noodles; sprinkle with paprika.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 252 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.