Shrimp Wiggle Recipe
Since canned shrimp was very expensive when I was growing up, this special dish always seemed like a real treat. It's still a treat today because it's delicious. Shrimp Wiggle is so satisfying, it's one-dish dinner!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt to taste
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chow mein noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add tomatoes and salt, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and peas; cook until shrimp turn pink. Serve with chow mein noodles; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Wiggle in Reminisce Extra April 1994, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Wiggle(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review